- Beautiful early evening run yesterday through campus and around The Dish at Stanford. Pretty stout little loop.
- Yes, it dilutes things a bit. But why should it bother me? "Plodders Have a Place, but Is It in a Marathon?" - NYT: http://bit.ly/19SWYY
- Palm Drive - Stanford: http://twitpic.com/mi0r6
- In Palo Alto with the family for the big 20th college reunion. Stopped by Zombie Runner, of course: http://twitpic.com/mhn2j
- Something Buddhist about latte art. Impermanent. http://twitpic.com/mcpfu
- For a bookish ultra runner, how great to get a nod on the Ulysses "Seen" blog (1st paragraph)? - http://tinyurl.com/yjw7uwv
- New blog post: Race-Day Demons and Their Long Shadows http://bit.ly/rw7JN
- Bowling shirts & boner minutes. Coyote Two Moon 100 opens applications - a Chris Scott event not to be missed: http://coyotetwomoon.com
- 1700 in the bowl as Western States 100 application period comes to a close. It's going to take some good luck in Dec to get a golden ticket.
- Nice run in the fall sun on some brand new singletrack. Hard to beat it.
- Lance seems to be France's White Whale, one hopes they don't meet the Pequod's end. VeloNews: http://bit.ly/13UIc6
- Can't go wrong following Hicham El Guerrouj's example. "Exercise and company: Fitter with friends" | The Economist - http://shar.es/1l6qQ
- New blog post: 10 for '10: Goals for the Season Ahead http://bit.ly/l5us5
- Didn't run this morning. But I did spend 2 hours "cross-training" at the new pump park in Hailey. http://twitpic.com/l4v2l
- "Growth in Mountain Biking May Put Western Park Trails Off Limits" - NY Times: http://bit.ly/19LtNC
- Western States study: Quercetin does not affect rating of perceived exertion [or finish time]: Res Sports Med. 2009 - http://shar.es/1j9pM
- Snow piling up atop Baldy. This didn't happen until mid December last year: http://www.sunvalley.com/Su...
- Sitting at Costco in Twin, eating pizza and wondering Rocky or Coyote
- New blog post: Reflections on the 2009 Season http://bit.ly/27ouhF
- Name's in the WS hat. Feel like I should hit the sauna, just in case...
Monday, October 26, 2009
For those intelligent folks disinclined to follow the Run Junkie Twitter feed but who have just a dash of voyeur in their souls, I offer this executive summary from the last month. Here they are, such as they are: the top 20 tweets of October from @run_junkie.
Posted by Hank Dart at 8:42 PM