- Runners: Get ready, get set for the LA Marathon. The skinny on the nutrition, rest, and training needs in the final few days leading up to the gun.
- Want to Stay the Course? Run it first. Detailed piece on the course, with photo gallery for those brave enough to want to know what's ahead.
- When You Hit the Wall. Good piece on preventing and dealing with the dreaded marathon bonk.
- Tips for the first-time Los Angeles marathoner. Just what is sounds like, a primer for newbies with some good particulars for the LA Marathon.
- Help for the Road. We don't endorse trying new things the day of a marathon, but there are a couple neat do-dads worth testing out in training, particularly the running-safe headphones from www.AirDrives.com.
- LA Marathon: Run for it. Tips and tricks for those who've run the race before.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Even for those of us not toeing the line at the LA Marathon this coming Sunday, March 2, it's an event worth celebrating (race site). After a hard (and continuing) winter at Run Junkie Headquarters in the high country of the intermountain west, just knowing there's a marathon going off in warmer climes is enough to herald hope of spring and the clear, dry running trails that go with it. And, if that's not something worth a "hip, hip, hurrah," we don't know what is. For all you've ever wanted to know about the upcoming LA Marathon, plus some good training tips, check out these recent articles in the LA Times: